A 1940s Sub-Deb.
Photographer: Anna Holmer
Featured: Liz Raiss
Courtesy of Cinereach
On 5 consecutive Wednesday nights during the month of July, film screenings will be held on the side lawn of the Transformer Station following the CMA Ohio City Stages event. The films will be selected by five artists featured in MOCA Cleveland’s upcoming exhibition Realization is Better than Anticipation - Julia Christensen, Kevin Beasley, Lenka Clayton, Jerry Birchfield and Jacob Ciocci.
Screenings will begin at 9:30pm.
- July 3 – Julia Christensen’s “séance” consists of two short films about the cosmos, The Voyagers (2010) by Penny Lane and Interkosmos (2006) by Jim Finn.
- July 10 – Kevin Beasley’s mix of shorts and clips ranging from scenes of old Hollywood to films by contemporary artists.
- July 17 – Lenka Clayton’s choice of documentaries and artist films.
- July 24 – Clips arranged by Jerry Birchfield followed by the Buster Keaton film, Sherlock, Jr.
- July 31 – Teenage - directed by Matt Wolf, is based on Teenage, written by English punk rock journalist, Jon Savage - a feature length film chosen by Jacob Ciocci
The festival area, on 29th street from Detroit to Clinton Avenue, will be closed to traffic.
Free parking will be available in the marked parking lot at Lutheran Hospital on West 25th Street.
Audience members are welcome to bring blankets and chairs for seating.